axisVFX is looking for experienced MAYA GENERALISTS to work on a variety of TV projects including acclaimed drama series’ and specialist factual as well as feature film projects.
If you’re a proactive, self-starter with a proven track record in turning out great looking work using Maya, Arnold and Redshift and can demonstrate a strong sense of lighting, we want to hear from you.
Candidates will work onsite in our Bristol based VFX studio. Immediate vacancies are for shorter freelance contracts, with the possibility of on-going work in the future.
All applicants at the time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- Asset creation, including modelling, texturing and look dev
- Match moving & Layout
- Maya 3D scene assembly
- Lighting and basic compositing
- Working closely with CG/VFX Supervisors to achieve desired look and quality
- Working to schedule and delivering work to agreed timelines
- Demonstrable experience of using Maya within a production environment
- A good knowledge of PF track required though familiarity with any tracking software would be useful
- Strong understanding of composition, light and colour
- Knowledge of rendering techniques and optimization processes to minimise render times
- Ability to take direction positively and working within a team
- Experience with Nuke desireable
- Programming or scripting skills useful, but not essential
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
- Strong communication skills are critical as is high attention to detail
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Minimum of 3 years production experience
- If candidates do not possess a degree, 5 years production experience required.
- Degree and work experience requirements may be waived if candidates can show exceptional skills.